Happy anniversary Desktop!
Posted: Sep 1st 2011
No. of comments: 0
Desktop Magazine is celebrating it's 25th birthday. Check out their special time capsual edition, on sale today!
The past, present, future, now:
25 years of design publishing love.
Ideas, pictures, isights, moments,
caught up in a time capsule of ink on
paper from people who love design
like a sister, bro, frenemy or foe.
Guest edited by Andrew Ashton / Studio Pip and Co.
- Garry Emery, Warren Taylor and Lisa Loxley share their favourite design stories from the past 25 years, and their favourite design projects from 'now'
- Sam Barratt, Melanie Cousipetcos, Dan Pike, Anita Ryley, Graeme Smith and Amanda Roach respond to various tasks throughout the issue
- Pull out poster designed by Andrew Ashton / Studio Pip and Co.
- A look at David Pidgeon's typographic work from the past two decades
- 15 page visual essay of 'design ephemera' collected by Studio Pip and Co. from the past two decades
- David Lancashire writes on Australia's creative culture
- We look at eight Australian 'labour of love' projects, and interview the people who started them (including Australian INfront, Stacey App, Junior, Kevin Finn's Open Manifesto, The Narrows, Dominic Hofstede's Re:collection, and Process Journal
- Student Survey - Infographics guru Alex Tyers has sifted through 44 pages of responses from our online student survey (completed by over 350 students) to give us a terrific insight into the hopes, fears and inspirations of today's Australian design student.