Web & Graphic Designer
New York New York United States
Institute of Culinary Education
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our 49,000-square-foot “vertical campus” is located at 50 West 23rd Street and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.
The Web & Graphic Designer will be responsible for executing ICE’s brand guidelines and visual system across all platforms in the school’s marketing mix: ICE’s web site, ads, social media, email, brochures, marketing collateral etc. Additionally, the designer will help develop and present ICE content, to internal and external audiences. In all this work, he/she will help maintain and further develop ICE’s new brand image and standards, which were launched this past spring.
In this newly created, full-time position, the Web & Graphic Designer will be part of a vibrant, fun and sophisticated team of 150+ people that collectively make ICE one of America’s largest and most diverse culinary schools. All things considered, ICE is a unique business with a broad array of courses, programs and products that our students and customers consistently find rewarding.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as webmaster for ICE’s website: provide creative support within ICE’s CMS and publishing systems, including advanced uses and development of style sheets.
• Graphic design, motion graphics, content layout, and photo editing.
• Creative support for social media: ICE blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, widgets, etc.
• Gatekeeper of ICE’s digital asset library: still photos, videos, ads and other digital assets.
• Manage production schedule for all design jobs from the content calendar, including e-blasts.
• Non digital marketing design projects including: advertising, print ads, newsletters, brochures and internal documents and forms.
• Other assorted internal graphic design assignments including signage and iPad curriculum presentation templates.
• Degree in a related field or the equivalent in experience, job knowledge and success.
• Minimum of 3 years design experience in both graphics and web, with demonstrated success working within a brand’s visual guidelines (some in-house experience preferred).
• Must have a strong understanding of HTML and CSS — ability to code is a plus.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe CS and PowerPoint and Quark.
• Working knowledge of Final Cut, AfterEffects or similar video editing program.
• Excellent communication skills, with strong presentation, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to think conceptually and strategically, while translating that skill to effective, clean design.
• Demonstrated knowledge, interest and appreciation of the culinary and / or education fields is a clear plus!
Apply/Respond by: Dec 31st 2013
CV/Resume + PDF portfolio/samples of work
Forward cover letter with salary requirements, resume and portfolio to: email@example.com , subject: Web & Graphic Designer.
No relocation available. Must live in commutable distance to NYC.